This year I’ll be spending some time bringing you guys my new series, Racecation Spotlight. My goal is to create a place where you can come to find races to add to your Bucket List, races with some of the coolest and best BLING and races that may not even be on your radar. Let’s face it, Racecations have become the way to travel for people like us. Our family just about does a race everywhere we travel. Might as well earn some BLING while we’re seeing the world! In addition to buying Christmas ornaments everywhere we travel, we now try to add some BLING to our collection. What’s not to love!
To kick off our series, I’m profiling 5 Vacations to consider when planing your next family adventure.
1) ANY runDisney Race: I can never get enough Disney, that’s why we runDisney. I’ve been going to Disney since I was 5 and I’ll be going to Disney until I am physically incapable of going to Disney. We’re planning our two Disney vacations this year around the runDisney schedule so we can bring home a little Mickey and a little BLING.
Four Theme Parks and 262 magical miles The Walt Disney World Marathon presented by Cigna is the final race of the weekend where you will complete the most magical 262 miles on Earth The course takes you through all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks starting at Epcot continuing on to the Magic Kingdom Park Disneys Animal Kingdom Park and Disneys Hollywood Studios before an exhilarating finish back at Epcot Plus theres an allnew Mickey Mouse finisher medal for you to remember the magic Join the fun during the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
The Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend just wrapped up Sunday. My friend, Amy, and some of her friends and running buddies all headed down for the weekend. They took the Dopey Challenge and came home with some serious BLING. Why earn one medal when you can earn SIX!
2) Run Music City on April 30, 2016 at Rock ‘n’ Roll Nashville! I love Nashville. I first went to Nashville when I was in graduate school and fell in love with it. Now, I’m a total fan of the show, Nashville! If you are too, take a Racecation to Nashville and go to all the locations in the show – The Bluebird Cafe andThe Grand Ole Opry. Then, head over to the Wildhorse Saloon for a little country line dancing! Consider staying at the Opryland Hotel, you won’t be disappointed. It was a vacation all its own!
The Rock ‘n’ Roll Nashville Marathon, Half Marathon & 5K is the perfect place for runners to experience the city and support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
3) Kauai Marathon and Half Marathon Registration is Open Now! These races take place on September 4, 2016. Of all the islands, I would have to say Kauai is my favorite. It’s so relaxing and, to me, is everything I think about when I think of Hawaii. If you’re saving up to go to Hawaii, you might as well cross a race off your bucket list while you’re there. Heck, I’ll
probably never qualify for Ironman Kona, so this is probably the closest most of us will get to racing Hawaii.
Check out our epic drone footage from Sunday, September 6, 2015! If you have ideas for how to make the marathon experience even better, please take one or two minutes to share your opinion in this brief survey. Mahalo! CLICK HERE to take the survey!
4) Medina Half Marathon and 5K in Medina, OH. OK…I know this isn’t tropical, but it’s a way for us to visit family and earn a little BLING at the same time! There’s so much to see in the Cleveland area. You can totally make a mini vacation out of this race. It takes place Memorial Weekend, so you have a long weekend anyway. Why not visit the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame or go to Cedar Point Amusement Park? You can stay at Great Wold Lodge Sandusky or take the ferry over to Put in Bay and hang at the beach.
REGISTRATION Register for 2016 HERE Race: Saturday, May 28, 2016 (Memorial Day Weekend) Price: $30 on expo day, $35 through May 31 $45 through November 1 $50 through 12/31 $55 through 4/1 $60 after 4/2 Participant Cap: 1200 Time Limit: 3 Hours 20 Minutes. Walkers are welcome! Competitive Walking Division has been added.
Check out the medal! Don’t you just love the beekeeping theme in keeping with the history of the Medina area!
5) Southernmost Marathon and Half Marathon in Key West October 7-9, 2016. This Key West Running Festival also runs the 10K and 5K races during this race weekend. Registration is open now! So, if you want to Run in the Sun this Fall head on over and pick your race.
Southernmost Marathon & Half / Key West Running Festival 10K / 5K October 7-9, 2016 Register Now
Where will your next Racecation take you?